Craft Habits

This month has been plowing along with the kind of freight train momentum usually attached to December. I swear I don't remember May being so event heavy in the past. All I know is that I've had a really rough time keeping up, staying focused, and juggling it all. Feeling mainly stressed by the relentlessness. Though I try to remind myself that the end of school is just around the corner and with it comes the freedom we wait all year to seize and fall into.

Somehow though I've managed to carve out a few random hours, at the very end of the night to brush up on my old stitching habit. Something I haven't touched since a few years back - just before we opened up shop on Etsy - in which I spent a lot of time practicing quirky cross stitch designs on pillowcases, hand towels and even blouses - a hobby that led to a more focused endeavor that had me sewing boldly colored felt monsters I sold around town in wooden crates that Mike made especially to suit their packaging. That year I sold as many as I could make and felt a new pride in being able to pay for all my gifts that Christmas using the extra money I made selling these hand made crafting creations I put so much time and energy into. A notion that still brings me (us) a strong sense of pride four years later, with every single sale we make.

Speaking of which - the House Inhabit shop will finally be getting some much needed attention too. We've been working on adding some new additions we hope to have in stock by the end of the month, some regulars and some hand picked vintage items I tend to stock in my own home and figured others might appreciate as well. Lots of old denim, and a couple other cool basics too. Now it's just a matter of finding the time for photographing, measuring, listing, ect seeing that everything we do these days comes to furiosn in brief spurts between everything that slices up our weekdays on a regular basis. These past few weeks haven't been easy. And my sleep habits seem to keep shrinking in light of it, but I know it will all fall into place at some point.  In the meantime, I keep that basket full of thread and old fabric next to the couch to stitch away the stresses with the familiar hum of old Mad Men reruns there to narrate these long late nights. Craft therapy to help cure this current stroke of growing stress and unease.

And, still counting down till June. . .